UK Global Talent Visa
- Academia or Research
- Arts and Culture
- Digital Technology
- You have a job offer as a senior academic or researcher (e.g. a university professor) in UK
- You have received an individual fellowship in the UK
- You are part of a research grant that is approved by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
- Combined Arts
- Virtual Arts
- In the last five years, you have worked regularly in your field and have produced work which is recognized internationally and considered “outstanding” by the Arts Council England
- For application as a leader in your field: You can prove that your work is well known in at least 2 countries
- Have worked continuously as an architect for the last 5 years
- Have produced work that is published internationally
- Have produced work which the RIBA judges as ‘outstanding’
- You must be considered an exceptional talent or exceptional promise in your field
- You must have worked continuously in the field of fashion design for the last 5 years
- You must be known as a leading figure in the industry
- You must have work which is sold or exhibited internationally and shown on catwalk exhibitions
- Your work must be recognised by leading figures in the fashion industry
- You have set up or held a senior position in an innovative product-led tech company
- You have worked in an innovative digital field or concept
- You have taught, mentored, or taken part in collaborative projects to help the digital technology sector
- For Science and Technology - UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
- For Natural and Medical sciences - The Royal Society
- For Arts, Culture, Fashion, Architecture, Film, and Television - Arts Council England
- For Digital Technology - Tech Nation
- For Engineering- The Royal Academy of Engineering
- For Humanities and Social science - The British Academy
- Stage 1 Global Talent Visa Endorsement: Apply to the endorsing bodies for endorsement from an organization that is recognized as an expert in your chosen field
- Stage 2 Global Talent Visa Application: Submit the application for the Global Talent Visa to the UK Home Office / British Embassy supported with all required documents.
- Current passport and/or other travel documents
- A separate passport photograph (depending on the circumstances)
- A letter of endorsement from the designated competent body
- A clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office's TB testing list
- If your documents are not in English or Welsh you’ll also need to provide a certified translation
- You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances
- your husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried partner
- your child under 18 - including if they were born in the UK during your stay
- your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as your dependant
- You’ll need to provide evidence of your relationship when you apply
- a visit visa
- a short-term student visa
- a Parent of a Child Student visa
- a seasonal worker visa
- a domestic worker in a private household visa
- immigration bail
- they were given permission to stay outside the immigration rules, for example on compassionate grounds
- Full and professional assessment of your case
- Advice on whether you should consider a different immigration programme or category
- Strong and weak points of your application
- Advice on correct list of documents
- Advice on evidence required
- Instructing your sponsor, relative, employer or college (if required)
- Completion of all visa immigration forms & appendix
- Final check of your documents before submission to the British Embassy/Home Office
- Drafting representations and cover letters to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
- Creating a professionally looking paginated visa application bundle
- All translations of the relevant documents
- Booking of your appointments at VFS India
- Represent your application to the Home Office inside/outside UK British Diplomatic Post
- Correspondence with the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post as and when required
- Keeping you updated by email, phone or msg about correspondence in your application
- On-going visa application support till your application has been decided by UKVI
- Any further in-country/out-of-country immigration assistance
UK Global Talent Visa - Lead to British Citizenship
The Global Talent visa is a UK immigration category for talented and promising individuals in specific sectors wishing to work in the UK. It replaced the (Tier-1) Exceptional Talent Visa in February 2020. The Global Talent visa is an immigration category which leads to settlement after 3 years if you have been considered a Talented candidate or 5 years if you have been considered a Promise candidate. Upon completing your settlement application, and the required residency period in the UK you may be able to apply for British Citizenship.
To be considered for entry under the Global Talent visa, applicants must gain an endorsement from one of six endorsing bodies engaged by the UK Home Office. You can also renew the Global Talent visa as many times as you want and can change jobs without notifying the immigration authorities.
You can apply for a Global Talent visa to work in the UK if you are aged at least 18 years and a leader or potential leader in one of the following fields:
Academia or Research
To qualify for a UK Global Talent Visa in the fields of academia and research, you must be an exceptional talent/promise in one of these fields:
You may also adjust into one of the following categories:
If you do not have any of the aforementioned, you can still apply for the Global Talent Visa for the UK if your application is endorsed via peer review. In this case, someone with an eminent position and with “internationally recognised expertise” in your field must write you a letter of recommendation.
Arts and Culture
To qualify for a UK Global Talent Visa in the fields of arts and culture, you must be an exceptional talent or exceptional promise on one of the following:
Additionally, you must fit into one of the following categories:
To qualify for a Global Talent Visa in the field of architecture, you must:
To qualify for a Global Talent Visa in the field of fashion design:
To be considered an exceptional talent or exceptional promise in the field of digital technology, you must fit in one of the following categories:
Additional requirements include having won awards, developed new skills (commercial or technical) during your career, or having had your research works published or endorsed by an expert.
The endorsing body will vary according to your chosen stream for visa application. The following are the 5 designated competent bodies that can grant endorsements to academician and researchers:
The application process for a Global Visa for the UK is divided into two stages:
Apply for Endorsement
You need to apply for endorsement to the endorsing bodies to get an endorsement to attest to the fact that you are actually a leader or potential leader in your field. To file your application for endorsement, you must visit the Visas and Immigration website of the UK Home Office and register using your email address and you must submit the required documents and pay the prescribed endorsement fee.
After submission by you, depending on which field you will work in, the UK Home Office will forward your endorsement application to one of these “endorsements bodies” for review & process. The endorsement application can take from one to eight weeks to process, depending on which organization is reviewing your application.
Global Talent Visa Application
Once you receive your endorsement, apply for a UK Global Talent Visa application along with endorsement letter and all required supporting documents. You must apply no earlier than three months before you intend to depart for the UK. You and all your dependent family members can apply at the same time.
You will usually receive your visa within three weeks.
At the time of applying the Global Talent Visa, you must submit the following documents along with your visa application:
If you have had an award or scholarship to study in the UK in the last year, you will also need written permission to apply from the agency or government that granted it.
Spouse and Dependants Children
Your partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’ if they are eligible. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours. A dependant partner or child is any of the following:
Switch to Global Talent Visa
You may be able to apply to change (‘switch’) to an Global Talent visa if you are already in the UK on a different type of visa. Your partner or children will need to apply separately on the same time if they live with you in the UK. Your partner/spouse and child can apply to switch to your Global Talent Visa as your dependants, unless they are currently in the UK in one of the following visa categories:
Length of Stay
You can live and work in the UK for up to 5 years at a time. There is no limit to how long you can stay in the UK in total, but you will need to get extend your visa before it expires. Each extension can last from 1 to 5 years.
Key Advantage of Global Talent Visa
UK Residency Card upon Arrival:
The UK Global Talent Visa allows you to live and work anywhere within the UK for the duration of the visa.
Indefinite Leave to Remain (Permanent Residency)
You may be able to get indefinite leave to remain so you can settle in the UK after 3 or 5 years, depending on the endorsement path you are applying for. This gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you are eligible.
After obtaining the Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (Permanent Residency), you may be eligible to apply for Naturalisation as a British Citizen as per the UK Visa & Immigration Rules and then British Citizenship.
Bring Your Family
UK Global Talent Visa allows you to keep your family together. You can bring your spouse and any children under the age of 18 with you to the UK.
Under UK Global Talent Visa, your dependent children will have access to the UK educational system.
Under UK Global Talent Visa, you and your family will have access to the UK's NHS free healthcare system.
Main Applicant and the Dependent Partner will be allowed to work fulltime.
Favourable Economic Conditions
After a period of generally disappointing growth in 2011 and 2012, the UK economy has shown clear signs of recovery during 2013 which is expected to continue in 2018-19. The good news is that this is spread between all major industry sectors and regions which are all now showing positive growth trends.
The Home Office will carefully scrutinise an application for any long term or temporary work visa. If it does not consider that the visa application is a genuine or if it considers that any of the other requirements have not been met, the application will fall for refusal. It is therefore essential that the application is prepared thoroughly and carefully.
Why Applying through Wazir Solicitors
UK Immigration Solicitors in Punjab India
There are many individuals agents and Immigration Consultants companies providing UK Visa consultancy in Punjab, India who are working as an Immigration Agents/Consultants without legal qualification, however we specialize in UK Visa and Immigration services being qualified as British Solicitors. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Ludhiana Punjab India are professional, reliable and trustworthy. Our UK Immigration Solicitors provide best customer service, confidentiality, reliable advice to our clients and legally rerpesenting clients before British High Commission in India, UKVI Home Office and Immigration Appeal Tribunal in UK. We take pride in protecting the best interest of our clients.
At Wazir Solicitors we offer an extensive range of services for categories leading from settlement, entrepreneur visas, overseas investment and businesses; towards acquiring a passport. Constantly monitoring immigration rules, regulations and trends worldwide while evaluating and enhancing our process and technology; we believe in outsourcing your entire immigration program. Whether you need support for fresh visa application or assistance in already filed applicaiton, you are welcome to contact us.
Initial Consultation for UK Visa Applications
It is our standard professional practice to offer paid visa initial consultations who wish to apply for UK visas. This enables us to gauge prospects of your UK Visa & Immigration matter and accordingly decide if we can assist you. If we, after the UK visa consultation, believe that we can prepare your UK Visa Application or appeal against UK Visa refusal, only then we take the case and fee. Our fees depend on the time we anticipate to prepare your UK Visa Application and exercise involved therefore these vary for everyone. Rest assured we do not surprise our clients with any hidden charges. Clients can visit our offices or take initial consultation via WhatsApp, Zoom, Skype, GoogleMeet and other platforms. We have been successfully advising our clients across the globe for the last 12 years as British Lawyers.
Preparation of UK Visa Application
Our experts UK Visa Solicitors in Punjab India are equipped with latest and modern technology. We analyse our clients’ personal, familial and financial circumstances. We advise our clients on the required documentation for their UK Visa application, prepare draft letters of support, representation letter on behalf of our client and document check list etc. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Punjab India are expert in UK Visas & Immigration. Call us today to book your initial consultation with us either in person or remotely.
What’s included in our Professional Service?
As British lawyers, we will do our best and even go that extra mile for you. We can help you with the necessary paperwork that will be needed to ensure that your application meets the Immigration requirements.
Please expect us to do the following for you, when you instruct us to represent you or a member of your family:
Refusal of UK Visa application
We have successfully overturned many UK visa refusals by appealing the decisions in the UK. Our expert UK Solicitors in India have necessary knowledge and expertise to direct you in the right direction.
Wazir Solicitors & Co Law Firm is established by Wazir Singh Soni who is qualified as an Advocate of India and also as a Solicitor of England & Wales from Oxford Brookes University, London.
Chamber No.6030, Lawyers Chambers Complex-II, District Courts Ludhiana - 141001 (Pb) India
Phone: +91 947 852 6909