UK Start-up Visa
- you want to set up an innovative business in the UK - it must be something that’s different from anything else on the market
- you meet the other eligibility requirements
- meet the English language requirement (CEFR B2 Level)
- be at least 18 years old
- be able to prove that you have enough personal savings to support yourself while you’re in the UK
- genuinely intends to undertake, and is capable of undertaking, any work or business activity in the UK stated in their application
- passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider
- having a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English gained through study at a UK school that you began when you were under 18
- having a degree-level academic qualification that was taught in English - if you studied abroad, you’ll need to apply for confirmation through Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) that your qualification is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD
- a valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality
- bank statements showing you’ve had at least £1,270 in savings in your bank account for 28 consecutive days before you apply
- proof that you meet the English language requirement
- your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
- If your documents are not in English or Welsh you’ll also need to provide a certified translation
- You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances
- your husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried partner
- your child under 18 - including if they were born in the UK during your stay
- your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as your dependant
- You’ll need to provide evidence of your relationship when you apply
- a visit visa
- a short-term student visa
- a Parent of a Child Student visa
- a seasonal worker visa
- a domestic worker in a private household visa
- immigration bail
- permission to stay outside the immigration rules, for example on compassionate grounds
- Full and professional assessment of your case
- Advice on whether you should consider a different immigration programme or category
- Strong and weak points of your application
- Advice on correct list of documents
- Advice on evidence required
- Instructing your sponsor, relative, employer or college (if required)
- Completion of all visa immigration forms & appendix
- Final check of your documents before submission to the British Embassy/Home Office
- Drafting representations and cover letters to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
- Creating a professionally looking paginated visa application bundle
- All translations of the relevant documents
- Booking of your appointments at VFS India
- Represent your application to the Home Office inside/outside UK British Diplomatic Post
- Correspondence with the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post as and when required
- Keeping you updated by email, phone or msg about correspondence in your application
- On-going visa application support till your application has been decided by UKVI
- Any further in-country/out-of-country immigration assistance
UK Start-up Visa Application
UK Start up Visa is for those starting a new business for the first time in the UK. Applicants will not need to be graduates and will not need to have secured any initial funding.
You can apply for a Start-up Visa if:
Before you apply you need to have your business or business idea assessed by an endorsing body. They will provide you with an endorsement letter if your business is viable. You must also:
You need to have had at least £1270 in your bank account for 28 consecutive days before you apply, or if you’ve been in the UK for less than a year and applying to switch to this visa.
Knowledge of English
You must prove you can read, write, speak and understand English to a level B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale. You can prove your knowledge of English by:
When you apply you need to provide an ‘endorsement letter’ to show that an endorsing body has assessed your business. You also need to provide:
Spouse and Dependants Children
Your partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’ if they are eligible. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours. A dependant partner or child is any of the following:
Switch to this Visa
You may be able to apply to change (‘switch’) to an Start-up visa if you’re already in the UK on a different type of visa and your partner or children will need to apply separately if they live with you in the UK but you Cannot Switch to this Visa if you are in the UK on the following visa categories:
Length of Stay
You can stay for 2 years in the UK on a Start-up visa. Any time you have already spent in the UK on a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa counts as part of the 2 years.
You will also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. You can Check how much healthcare surcharge you will have to pay before you apply.
Key Advantage of Start-up Visa
UK Residency Card upon Arrival:
The UK Start-up Visa allows you to live and work anywhere within the UK for the duration of the visa.
Leave To Remain (Visa Extension)
At the end of 2 years, Start-up visa holders can switch into the Innovator category to extend their stay and develop their businesses in the UK.
Bring Your Family
UK Start-up Visa allows you to keep your family together. You can bring your spouse and any children under the age of 18 with you to the UK.
Under UK Start-up Visa, your dependent children will have access to the UK educational system.
Under UK Start-up Visa, you and your family will have access to the UK's NHS free healthcare system.
Main Applicant and the Dependent Partner will be allowed to work fulltime.
Favourable Economic Conditions
After a period of generally disappointing growth in 2011 and 2012, the UK economy has shown clear signs of recovery during 2013 which is expected to continue in 2018-19. The good news is that this is spread between all major industry sectors and regions which are all now showing positive growth trends.
Endorsement of Business Plan
All applicants for entry clearance or leave to remain must have been endorsed in this category. Endorsement for initial applications will be based on assessment whether applicants’ business ideas are innovative, viable and scalable.
The applicant must provide an endorsement letter issued by the endorsing body.
Business Plan Implementation
Applicants will be asked to stay in contact with their endorsing body with checkpoints after 6 and 12 months. The endorsing bodies must be satisfied that applicants are continuing to work on their business ventures and have either demonstrated reasonable progress with their original ideas or are pursuing new business ideas that are also innovative, viable and scalable.
The Home Office will carefully scrutinise an application for any long term or temporary work visa. If it does not consider that the visa application is a genuine or if it considers that any of the other requirements have not been met, the application will fall for refusal. It is therefore essential that the application is prepared thoroughly and carefully.
Why Applying through Wazir Solicitors
UK Immigration Solicitors in Punjab India
There are many individuals agents and Immigration Consultants companies providing UK Visa consultancy in Punjab, India who are working as an Immigration Agents/Consultants without legal qualification, however we specialize in UK Visa and Immigration services being qualified as British Solicitors. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Ludhiana Punjab India are professional, reliable and trustworthy. Our UK Immigration Solicitors provide best customer service, confidentiality, reliable advice to our clients and legally rerpesenting clients before British High Commission in India, UKVI Home Office and Immigration Appeal Tribunal in UK. We take pride in protecting the best interest of our clients.
At Wazir Solicitors we offer an extensive range of services for categories leading from settlement, entrepreneur visas, overseas investment and businesses; towards acquiring a passport. Constantly monitoring immigration rules, regulations and trends worldwide while evaluating and enhancing our process and technology; we believe in outsourcing your entire immigration program. Whether you need support for fresh visa application or assistance in already filed applicaiton, you are welcome to contact us.
Initial Consultation for UK Visa Applications
It is our standard professional practice to offer paid visa initial consultations who wish to apply for UK visas. This enables us to gauge prospects of your UK Visa & Immigration matter and accordingly decide if we can assist you. If we, after the UK visa consultation, believe that we can prepare your UK Visa Application or appeal against UK Visa refusal, only then we take the case and fee. Our fees depend on the time we anticipate to prepare your UK Visa Application and exercise involved therefore these vary for everyone. Rest assured we do not surprise our clients with any hidden charges. Clients can visit our offices or take initial consultation via WhatsApp, Zoom, Skype, GoogleMeet and other platforms. We have been successfully advising our clients across the globe for the last 12 years as British Lawyers.
Preparation of UK Visa Application
Our experts UK Visa Solicitors in Punjab India are equipped with latest and modern technology. We analyse our clients’ personal, familial and financial circumstances. We advise our clients on the required documentation for their UK Visa application, prepare draft letters of support, representation letter on behalf of our client and document check list etc. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Punjab India are expert in UK Visas & Immigration. Call us today to book your initial consultation with us either in person or remotely.
What’s included in our Professional Service?
As British lawyers, we will do our best and even go that extra mile for you. We can help you with the necessary paperwork that will be needed to ensure that your application meets the Immigration requirements.
Please expect us to do the following for you, when you instruct us to represent you or a member of your family:
Refusal of UK Visa application
We have successfully overturned many UK visa refusals by appealing the decisions in the UK. Our expert UK Solicitors in India have necessary knowledge and expertise to direct you in the right direction.
Wazir Solicitors & Co Law Firm is established by Wazir Singh Soni who is qualified as an Advocate of India and also as a Solicitor of England & Wales from Oxford Brookes University, London.
Chamber No.6030, Lawyers Chambers Complex-II, District Courts Ludhiana - 141001 (Pb) India
Phone: +91 947 852 6909