UK Child Student Visa
- part-time during term for up to 10 hours per week;
- full-time during vacations;
- on a work placement as part of your course (but not for more than 50% of your course);
- study at an academy or a local authority-funded school (also known as a maintained school) or further or higher education institution;
- get public funds (benefits);
- take a full-time permanent job or be self-employed;
- work as a professional sportsperson (for example a sports coach) or entertainer;
- apply for settlement;
- bring family members (‘dependants’) - if a parent wants to accompany you, they will need to apply for a separate "Parent of a Child Student visa";
- the national curriculum;
- the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) at level 3 or below;
- independent school education inspection standards;
- Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) ;
- Education Scotland;
- Estyn (in Wales);
- Education and Training Inspectorate (in Northern Ireland);
- a current passport or other valid travel documentation;
- a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider;
- written consent from your parent or legal guardian for your study in the UK;
- proof that you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - this will vary depending on your circumstances;
- proof of your relationship to your parent or guardian (for example a birth certificate or other government issued document showing their names);
- evidence of the qualifications you used to get a place on your course - if this was required by your course provider;
- your tuberculosis (TB) test results;
- written consent for your application from your financial sponsor if you’ve received sponsorship for your course fees and living costs in the last 12 months;
- your visa application;
- your living arrangements and care in the UK;
- your travel to the UK;
- Full and professional assessment of your case
- Advice on whether you should consider a different immigration programme or category
- Strong and weak points of your application
- Advice on correct list of documents
- Advice on evidence required
- Instructing your sponsor, relative, employer or college (if required)
- Completion of all visa immigration forms & appendix
- Final check of your documents before submission to the British Embassy/Home Office
- Drafting representations and cover letters to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
- Creating a professionally looking paginated visa application bundle
- All translations of the relevant documents
- Booking of your appointments at VFS India
- Represent your application to the Home Office inside/outside UK British Diplomatic Post
- Correspondence with the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post as and when required
- Keeping you updated by email, phone or msg about correspondence in your application
- On-going visa application support till your application has been decided by UKVI
- Any further in-country/out-of-country immigration assistance
UK Child Student Visa Application from India
You can apply for a Child Student visa if you’re between 4 and 17 years old and you want to study at an independent school in the UK. You must: have an unconditional offer of a place on a course at an independent school; be able to show you’ll have access to enough money to support you in the UK and pay for your course; have the consent of your parent or guardian to study in the UK - you will need to prove this when you apply. If you are 18 or over, apply for a General Student visa instead.
When to apply for Child Study Visa
When you can apply depends on whether you’re applying from inside or outside the UK. The earliest you can apply for a visa is 6 months before you start your course. You wil usually get a decision within 3 weeks.
What you can do on Child Student Visa
You can study at an independent school. If you are 16 or over you can work:
What you CANNOT do on Child Student Visa
If you are in the UK on Child Student Visa, you cannot do:
If your visa application for Child Student is successful, you will get a full list of what you can and cannot do in the UK with a Child Student visa.
Courses you can study as Child Student
You must have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Child Student sponsor. To prove this, your education provider will send you a reference number (called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)) once they have offered you a place on the course. You need a CAS before you can apply for your Child Student visa.
You can do a course at an independent school that’s taught in line with one of the following:
You can also do a course that’s accepted as being at the same academic level by:
You can do a short ‘pre-sessional’ course to prepare you for your main course. But you cannot do a foundation course that will prepare you for direct entry to a higher education institution.
Documents Required for Child Student Visa
When you apply for your Child Student visa you must provide:
You may also need to provide:
Parental Consent Requirement
You must have written consent from both parents (or one parent if they have sole responsibility) or legal guardian. This must confirm they consent to:
If you are going to live with a close relative or foster carer, you will need to provide additional evidence for the same.
Length of stay in UK
How long you can stay depends on your age on the date you apply and the length of your course.If you are under 16 years when you apply for Child Student Visa, you can stay of Course length (up to 6 years) plus 4 months afterwards. If you are 16 years or 17, you can stay of Course length (up to 3 years) plus 4 months afterwards. You can arrive in the UK up to 1 month before your course starts.
How We Can Help You With UK Visa Application
UK Immigration Solicitors in Punjab India
There are many individuals agents and Immigration Consultants companies providing UK Visa consultancy in Punjab, India who are working as an Immigration Agents/Consultants without legal qualification, however we specialize in UK Visa and Immigration services being qualified as British Solicitors. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Punjab India are professional, reliable and trustworthy. Our UK Immigration Solicitors provide best customer service, confidentiality, reliable advice to our clients and legally rerpesenting clients before British High Commission in India, UKVI Home Office and Immigration Appeal Tribunal in UK. We take pride in protecting the best interest of our clients.
Initial Consultation for UK Visa Applications
It is our Standard professional practice to offer paid visa initial consultations who wish to apply for UK visas. This enables us to gauge prospects of your UK Visa & Immigration matter and accordingly decide if we can assist you. If we, after the UK visa consultation, believe that we can prepare your UK Visa Application or appeal against UK Visa refusal, only then we take the case and fee. Our fees depend on the time we anticipate to prepare your UK Visa Application and exercise involved therefore these vary for everyone. Rest assured we do not surprise our clients with any hidden charges. Clients can visit our offices or take initial consultation via WhatsApp, Zoom, Skype, GoogleMeet and other platforms. We have been successfully advising our clients across the globe for the last 12 years as British Lawyers.
Preparation of UK Visa Application
Our experts UK Visa Solicitors in Punjab India are equipped with latest and modern technology. We analyse our clients’ personal, familial and financial circumstances. We advise our clients on the required documentation for their UK Visa application, prepare draft letters of support, representation letter on behalf of our client and document check list etc. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Punjab India are expert in UK Visas & Immigration. Call us today to book your initial consultation with us either in person or remotely.
What’s included in our Professional Service?
As British lawyers, we will do our best and even go that extra mile for you. We can help you with the necessary paperwork that will be needed to ensure that your application meets the Immigration requirements.
Please expect us to do the following for you, when you instruct us to represent you or a member of your family:
Refusal of UK Visa application
We have successfully overturned many UK visa refusals by appealing the decisions in the UK. Our expert UK Solicitors in India have necessary knowledge and expertise to direct you in the right direction.
Wazir Solicitors & Co Law Firm is established by Wazir Singh Soni who is qualified as an Advocate of India and also as a Solicitor of England & Wales from Oxford Brookes University, London.
Chamber No.6030, Lawyers Chambers Complex-II, District Courts Ludhiana - 141001 (Pb) India
Phone: +91 947 852 6909