UK Parent Visa
- Your child must be under 18 on the date you apply, and not live an independent life;
- You must be a parent of a British child, or have an indefinite leave to remain;
- You need to have shared or sole parental responsibility for your UK resident child;
- If you share responsibility, the other parent of the child must not be your partner;
- If you share responsibility, the other parent of the child must be a British citizen, or settled in the UK;
- Throughout your application you will have to prove that:
- you are taking an active role in your child’s upbringing and plan to continue doing so;
- you have a good knowledge of English;
- you can financially support yourself and your child in the UK;
- School confirmation that you take part in parent evenings and meetings;
- School confirmation that you also take your child to school;
- Confirmation from the dentist that you take your child to appointments;
- submitting a document or academic qualification that was taught or researched in English, which is recognized by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or higher;
- taking an approved English language test and passing it with at least a CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening;
- Your child must be over 18 and independent;
- your child must be a British citizen settled in the UK;
- your child and you must fulfill the financial requirement;
- you must show proof that you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks because of illness, disability or your age;
- the care you need is not available in your country of residence;
- Full and professional assessment of your case
- Advice on whether you should consider a different immigration programme or category
- Strong and weak points of your application
- Advice on correct list of documents
- Advice on evidence required
- Instructing your sponsor, relative, employer or college (if required)
- Completion of all visa immigration forms & appendix
- Final check of your documents before submission to the British Embassy/Home Office
- Drafting representations and cover letters to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
- Creating a professionally looking paginated visa application bundle
- All translations of the relevant documents
- Booking of your appointments at VFS India
- Represent your application to the Home Office inside/outside UK British Diplomatic Post
- Correspondence with the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post as and when required
- Keeping you updated by email, phone or msg about correspondence in your application
- On-going visa application support till your application has been decided by UKVI
- Any further in-country/out-of-country immigration assistance
UK Parent Visa Application from India
UK parent visa, is a type of visa established for cases when a parent wants to join their child who is a citizen or a resident of the United Kingdom with no immigration restrictions. Keep in mind that the applicant can only apply for this type of visa if their child is a dependent UK resident under 18 years.
Requirements For UK Parent Visa
The UK child resident, and the parent that wants to join him / her in the UK, both must fulfill criteria set by the UK Visa & Immigration in the UK. The basis requirements cretaria are as under:
Parental responsibility requirement
You will have to prove to the consular officer that you are taking an active role in your child’s upbringing and you plan to continue doing so. You will have to prove through documents as:
If your child has been living for too long in the UK and you don’t have any of the above mentioned evidences, then you can just submit pictures of you two whenever you met. You can submit photos that you took your kid to the park, cinema, theater, bookstore, etc. This requirement comes as a result of the Immigration Authorities wishing to know if they are bringing to the UK someone who will really care for their child and take an important role in their child’s upbringing.
Financial Requirements For UK Parent Visa
The failure to fulfill the financial requirement is the main reason that many people fail to obtain a UK parent visa. The main reason behind this requirement is that the UK does not want to bring over people that are not capable of financially maintaining themselves, therefore they are requiring from them to be capable to show proof they can earn (or possess) a minimum amount of money. If you want to join your child in the UK then you will have to prove that you have enough financial funds to sponsor both, you and your child. That is why you must prove that you have an income of at least £18,600 per year. You might also use your saving to prove you have enough funds.
Language Requirement For UK Parent Visa
The English language requirement is a very important requirement without the fulfillment of which you cannot obtain a UK parent visa. When you submit your visa application, you will have to submit some document as an evidence of your English knowledge.
You can prove your knowledge in English by:
Length of stay in UK
You can stay in the UK for 2 years and 9 months on this visa. After this you’ll need to apply to extend your stay. If you extend your family visa or switch to this visa you can stay in the UK for 2 years and 6 months.
UK Elderly Dependent Visa from India
If you are the parent of an independent child residing in the UK, and wish to join him or her because due to your age, physical or mental health, you need somebody to take care of you, then you will have to apply as an adult coming to be cared for by a relative. To be fully eligible for this type the following requirement must be fulfilled by you and the child you are planning to join in the UK:
The child who is sponsoring their parent to join him or her in the UK must be capable of financially supporting the parent, accommodating and caring for him or her without claiming public funds for at least the first five years of stay in the UK. If the applicant has enough savings, even if the child does not have enough financial means to sponsor the parent, they can prove through a bank statement that the parent will not be a burden to the UK public funds, because he or she has enough savings to maintain oneself.
A person who applies as an adult coming to be cared for by a relative does not need to fulfill the English language knowledge requirement.
How We Can Help You With UK Visa Application
UK Immigration Solicitors in Punjab India
There are many individuals agents and Immigration Consultants companies providing UK Visa consultancy in Punjab, India who are working as an Immigration Agents/Consultants without legal qualification, however we specialize in UK Visa and Immigration services being qualified as British Solicitors. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Punjab India are professional, reliable and trustworthy. Our UK Immigration Solicitors provide best customer service, confidentiality, reliable advice to our clients and legally rerpesenting clients before British High Commission in India, UKVI Home Office and Immigration Appeal Tribunal in UK. We take pride in protecting the best interest of our clients.
Initial Consultation for UK Visa Applications
It is our Standard professional practice to offer paid visa initial consultations who wish to apply for UK visas. This enables us to gauge prospects of your UK Visa & Immigration matter and accordingly decide if we can assist you. If we, after the UK visa consultation, believe that we can prepare your UK Visa Application or appeal against UK Visa refusal, only then we take the case and fee. Our fees depend on the time we anticipate to prepare your UK Visa Application and exercise involved therefore these vary for everyone. Rest assured we do not surprise our clients with any hidden charges. Clients can visit our offices or take initial consultation via WhatsApp, Zoom, Skype, GoogleMeet and other platforms. We have been successfully advising our clients across the globe for the last 12 years as British Lawyers.
Preparation of UK Visa Application
Our experts UK Visa Solicitors in Punjab India are equipped with latest and modern technology. We analyse our clients’ personal, familial and financial circumstances. We advise our clients on the required documentation for their UK Visa application, prepare draft letters of support, representation letter on behalf of our client and document check list etc. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Punjab India are expert in UK Visas & Immigration. Call us today to book your initial consultation with us either in person or remotely.
What’s included in our Professional Service?
As British lawyers, we will do our best and even go that extra mile for you. We can help you with the necessary paperwork that will be needed to ensure that your application meets the Immigration requirements.
Please expect us to do the following for you, when you instruct us to represent you or a member of your family:
Refusal of UK Visa application
We have successfully overturned many UK visa refusals by appealing the decisions in the UK. Our expert UK Solicitors in India have necessary knowledge and expertise to direct you in the right direction.
Wazir Solicitors & Co Law Firm is established by Wazir Singh Soni who is qualified as an Advocate of India and also as a Solicitor of England & Wales from Oxford Brookes University, London.
Chamber No.6030, Lawyers Chambers Complex-II, District Courts Ludhiana - 141001 (Pb) India
Phone: +91 947 852 6909