UK Sportsperson Visa
- you’re an elite sportsperson or qualified coach, who’s recognised by your sport’s governing body as being at the highest level of your profession internationally
- your sport’s governing body is endorsing your application
- your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level
- you meet the other eligibility requirements
- have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
- prove your knowledge of English
- have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- have tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country
- you have been in the UK with a valid visa for 12 months or more
- your employer can cover your costs during your first month in the UK, up to £1,270
- work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
- do a second job in certain circumstances
- play for your national team in the UK
- work as a sports broadcaster
- do voluntary work
- study as long as it does not interfere with the job you’re sponsored for
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependants’, if they’re eligible
- get public funds
- tstart or run a business
- apply for a second job until you’ve started working for your sponsor
- passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening
- having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD
- your certificate of sponsorship reference number (your employer will give you this)
- proof of your knowledge of English
- evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your employer can support you)
- a valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality - you need a blank page in your passport for your visa
- expired passports or travel documents if you need them to show your travel history
- your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country
- a letter of endorsement from your sport’s governing body, if you’re applying as a sportsperson or coach
- If your documents are not in English or Welsh you’ll need to provide a certified translation
- You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances
- your husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried partner
- your child under 18 - including if they were born in the UK during your stay
- your child over 18 if they’re currently in the UK as your dependant
- Full and professional assessment of your case
- Advice on whether you should consider a different immigration programme or category
- Strong and weak points of your application
- Advice on correct list of documents
- Advice on evidence required
- Instructing your sponsor, relative, employer or college (if required)
- Completion of all visa immigration forms & appendix
- Final check of your documents before submission to the British Embassy/Home Office
- Drafting representations and cover letters to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
- Creating a professionally looking paginated visa application bundle
- All translations of the relevant documents
- Booking of your appointments at VFS India
- Represent your application to the Home Office inside/outside UK British Diplomatic Post
- Correspondence with the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post as and when required
- Keeping you updated by email, phone or msg about correspondence in your application
- On-going visa application support till your application has been decided by UKVI
- Any further in-country/out-of-country immigration assistance
UK (Tier-2) Sportsperson Visa Application
A Sportsperson Visa is a type of UK Tier-2 Point-Based Work Visa. If you are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach you may be able to work in a sporting role in the UK with a UK Sportsperson Visa. This visa is applicable if you are recognised by your sport’s governing body as being an elite member of your profession.
This visa allows you to enter and live in the UK as a foreign national for a maximum of three years. This is provided you work within a role in which you will make an exceptional difference to your sport in the UK. You can apply for a Sportsperson visa (T2) if all of the following apply:
Eligibility for UK Sportsperson Visa
If you are applying for UK Sportsperson Visa than you need to:
You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK. You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa. You will usually need to show proof of this when you apply, unless either:
Your partner and children will also need to prove they can support themselves while they are in the UK.
When You No Need to Prove Maintenance
Your certificate of sponsorship must confirm this. Your employer will need to complete the ‘sponsor certifies maintenance’ section on your certificate. This is under ‘Additional data’.
What You Can do on Sportsperson Visa
If you are in the UK on Sportsperson Visa than you can:
What You Cannot
If you are in the UK on Sportsperson Visa than you cannot:
Knowledge of English Requirement
You may need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. You can prove your knowledge of English by either:
When you apply for UK Tier-2 Sportsperson Visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
Health Surcharge Requirement
You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you will have to pay before you apply.
Your Spouse and Dependent Children
Your partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’ if they are eligible. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours. A dependant partner or child is any of the following supported with evidence of relationship:
The Home Office will carefully scrutinise an application for a Skilled Worker visa. If it does not consider that the visa application is a genuine or if it considers that any of the other requirements have not been met, the application will fall for refusal. It is therefore essential that the application is prepared thoroughly and carefully.
We are experienced in preparing work visa applications to ensure a successful outcome and will provide expert guidance and assistance to you throughout the process.
How We Can Help You With UK Visa Application
UK Immigration Solicitors in Punjab India
There are many individuals agents and Immigration Consultants companies providing UK Visa consultancy in Punjab, India who are working as an Immigration Agents/Consultants without legal qualification, however we specialize in UK Visa and Immigration services being qualified as British Solicitors. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Ludhiana Punjab India are professional, reliable and trustworthy. Our UK Immigration Solicitors provide best customer service, confidentiality, reliable advice to our clients and legally rerpesenting clients before British High Commission in India, UKVI Home Office and Immigration Appeal Tribunal in UK. We take pride in protecting the best interest of our clients.
Initial Consultation for UK Visa Applications
It is our standard professional practice to offer paid visa initial consultations who wish to apply for UK visas. This enables us to gauge prospects of your UK Visa & Immigration matter and accordingly decide if we can assist you. If we, after the UK visa consultation, believe that we can prepare your UK Visa Application or appeal against UK Visa refusal, only then we take the case and fee. Our fees depend on the time we anticipate to prepare your UK Visa Application and exercise involved therefore these vary for everyone. Rest assured we do not surprise our clients with any hidden charges. Clients can visit our offices or take initial consultation via WhatsApp, Zoom, Skype, GoogleMeet and other platforms. We have been successfully advising our clients across the globe for the last 12 years as British Lawyers.
Preparation of UK Visa Application
Our experts UK Visa Solicitors in Punjab India are equipped with latest and modern technology. We analyse our clients’ personal, familial and financial circumstances. We advise our clients on the required documentation for their UK Visa application, prepare draft letters of support, representation letter on behalf of our client and document check list etc. Our UK Immigration Lawyers in Punjab India are expert in UK Visas & Immigration. Call us today to book your initial consultation with us either in person or remotely.
What’s included in our Professional Service?
As British lawyers, we will do our best and even go that extra mile for you. We can help you with the necessary paperwork that will be needed to ensure that your application meets the Immigration requirements.
Please expect us to do the following for you, when you instruct us to represent you or a member of your family:
Refusal of UK Visa application
We have successfully overturned many UK visa refusals by appealing the decisions in the UK. Our expert UK Solicitors in India have necessary knowledge and expertise to direct you in the right direction.
Wazir Solicitors & Co Law Firm is established by Wazir Singh Soni who is qualified as an Advocate of India and also as a Solicitor of England & Wales from Oxford Brookes University, London.
Chamber No.6030, Lawyers Chambers Complex-II, District Courts Ludhiana - 141001 (Pb) India
Phone: +91 947 852 6909